What You Should Know About NC 100
Serving as a consistent and persistent partner with individuals, groups, and institutions for the betterment of 100% of Rockingham County and beyond.
Portia M. Parris – Rockingham County
- Developing authentic relationships and building upon the assets that are found in the community and mobilizing individuals, associations, and institutions to come together, for facilitating conversations and actions that lead to increased access to primary healthcare.
- Capacity building dedicated to organizations that have Black American leadership or focus on traditionally marginalized communities (e.g., Black American, Latino/a/x rural, low wealth).
How We Do The Work
Developing authentic relationships and building upon the assets that are found in the community and mobilizing individuals, associations, and institutions to come together,
Facilitating conversations and actions that lead to increased access to crirical resources.
- We provide low to no cost and timely capacity building services dedicated to movements, small organizations, and workgroups that typically have Black American leadership or focus on traditionally marginalized communities.
3 things you should know about NC 100 Core Values
- We believe in Empowerment, develops and designs programs that promote community organizing efforts. Making space for marginalized voices instead of allowing mainstream organizations to use NC 100 as a proxy.
- We believe in Liberation. NC 100 is supporting individuals and mainstream organizations with creating inclusive processes that account for power imbalances (age, gender, language, etc.).
- We believe in developing Authentic Relationships. NC 100 is responsive to community needs and working as directed, while pushing for systemic changes, not just individual.
Portia M. Parris Fellowship (leadership, empowerment, advancement program)
Supporting students and families in Rockingham County, focused leadership, workforce development, and tools for career exploration.
The “Resilient Community” Series
Virtual and In-Person convenings of community stakeholders interested in creating equitable health outcomes, civic engagement, working on advising and organizing the next generation of leaders.
Cone Health Coalition of Like Minded People
Coordinates local and tangible services to meet the needs of parents, community groups, and non-profits living inside and outside of Rockingham County.
Forward The Count
Voter Education, Protection, and Civic Engagement in Rockingham and Pamlico County.
Digital Navigation and Equity
Supporting rural community members with access to the internet with free and low-cost devices, and digital navigation.