Marilyn Bernabe joined NC 100 in 2023 to lift community voices in Rockingham County and beyond.
She will be strengthening our capacity-building services and developing additional skills for our partners. This work will be dedicated to helping NC 100 share news-worthy stories, plus organizing our website and social media content to create engaging content on a weekly and monthly basis.
You will also see her providing program support, and expanding our outreach efforts in communities where we lack authentic and right relationship.
Fun Facts about Marilyn:
- Marilyn is the daughter of Guatemalan and Mexican parents, and was born and raised in Los Angeles, CA.
- She has earned degrees at Los Angeles City College (Associates) and North Dakota State University (BA)
- She resides in Eden, NC with her husband Danny and two beautiful girls, Kalila and Zalila.
- Marilyn also works directly with the Rockingham County Partnership For Children as a consultant, partner, and change agent in early childhood education, family leadership and engagement, and now wishes to expand to serve the broader community.
- She is driven by helping and supporting others. Her daily goal is to lead by example with integrity, humility, and honesty, to make positive change wherever she goes.